MBBS full form: Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
The full form of MBBS is Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. As the name suggests, they are two separate degree however, in practice they are treated as one and awarded together. The duration of MBBS course is five or six years including the internship periods.
A student should have passed 10+2 in science streams including Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects from a recognized board.
Minimum Marks in the above mentioned subject should be atleast 50%. Minimum marks criteria may vary depending on the college and university but it’s usually around 50%.
Candidate should have atleast 17 years of age.
Candidate must also have taken part in medical entrance examination organized by State or Central Government.
Top colleges in India for MBBS
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi
- Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore
- Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune
- JIPMER Medical College, Puducherry
- Lady Hardinge Medical College (MAMC), Delhi
- Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC), Delhi
- Grant Medical College, Mumbai
- Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Manipal
- Bangalore Medical College (BMC), Bangalore
- Christian Medical College (CMC), Ludhiana